From the publisher:
Perfect for use by an entire band or solo player at virtually any skill level, this series contains carefully sequenced warm-ups, sight-reading etudes, rhythm vocabulary builders, and much more. In one place, this series collects everything an aspiring player needs to build fundamental musicianship skills and then be able to transfer those skills directly into the performance of great literature.
Habits of a Successful Musician...
• Provides material for use during fundamentals time that would promote a comprehensive approach to developing skills necessary to fill the musical toolbox.
• Promotes the idea that fundamentals time should transfer directly into the performance of great literature.
• Includes a sequential format that leads to the mastery of reading rhythms and, ultimately, to musical sight-reading.
• Provides chorales for the development of tone quality, ensemble sonority, and musicianship.
• Presents rhythm charts in a new format to allow transfer from timing and rhythm to pitches in a musical context.
• Provides audition etude sight-reading in a full-band format that is well thought-out in scope and sequence.
• Presents exercises in various keys, tonalities, and modes to aid in the development of the complete musician.
• Creates a mindset intent on establishing a culture of excellence for both the full band program and individual players.
Habits of a Successful Musician is the answer to the very simple question: “What should I be learning during fundamentals time?”
From the publisher: Division of measure includes counting rest values as well as note values. A mistake in counting note values while playing is heard...View full product details
Book one of the popular school band method used by many local schools including: Jackson MiddleMadison MiddleSpacecoast MiddleCocoa Jr./Sr.Edgewood Jr./Sr.Viera Charter SchoolJefferson Middle SchoolOdyssey CharterDelaura...View full product details